Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Good Old Fashioned E-mails

Every time I check my e-mail, (which is usually everyday), I have about 10 or 12 new e-mails. This would all be very exciting, if they were actual e-mails. But no, they are all messages from facebook saying things like, "Trever Walton sent you yet another message," "Peter Redd wants you to get another totally pointless application," etc.
Now, don't get me wrong, I like facebook. I do, after all have one, and I enjoy it most of the time, but sometimes I miss the good old days when people used to send me actual e-mails. When my inbox was full of messages from people I actually knew and liked, and not just links to facebook. How wrong is it that e-mail is the good old days?
You can imagine my surprise and delight when today I received an actual e-mail from my friend Brittni, summarizing her summer travelling around Canada. A group e-mail? That is so last year. I love it!
A few weeks ago, I was on the phone to my cousin Mikyla and we were discussing how nice it is to get letters in the mail. So unexpected and cool. You feel special to think that someone would actually take the time to write you by snail mail. The same is coming true for e-mails. Instead of sending everyone a message on facebook as usual, Brittni took the time to send out a good old fashioned e-mail. Ah the good old days.

No comments: