Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Speed Limit?

You would think that the word- limit would imply that the stated speed is the MAXIMUM you can go, rather than the minimum.
I generally don't speed. That is not to say that I am a perfect driver, or even that I'm a good driver, but I don't speed. I can't afford to speed. I occurred to me one day as I was going along about 20 over that if I got pulled over, I would be in serious trouble. Not because of demerits or anything, but simply because I would not have sufficient funds to pay off the ghastly sum they charge for tickets these days. So I don't speed; I go exactly the speed limit.
You would be surprised at the cold reaction I receive from other drivers as drive along. Through my rear view mirror, I see driver after driver throw their hands up in despair, or stare as they swerve around me, expecting me to be an old grannie, and not a normal 18 year old.
So what is wrong with driving the speed limit? I may not get places as fast, and other drivers despise me, but in the end I'm the one with more money in my pocket.
Or at least, we would hope.

1 comment:

smiley said...

I agree Elena! Way too many people are speeding these days! And what are they speeding to? Early death? Incredible fines? What ever happened to slow down and smell the roses? I personally do not like the smell of burning rubber! :)