Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

?'s are Curvy

I just had an interview for my DFS (Directed Field Studies) this summer, where I have to go and work for a real publication.

The interview went well, I think, but my favourite part was the following question that the editor asked me:

What is your favourite punctuation mark and why?

As you can tell from the title, I said question mark, because they're curvy and fun to write. Plus I like questions. Really I was just winging it, as people do not generally ask me about favourable punctuation in normal conversation. 

So what do you think? Good answer? Or obvious flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants answer?

4 comments:

Eileen Young said...

I think it is a clever, unique answer. Shows you are quite original
Grannie

Jason said...

I would agree... a really good take on something as seemingly mundane as a punctuation mark.

Kylie Groft said...

It stands out as an awesome answer to an unexpected question! Yay!

Katey said...

Definently flying by the seat of you pants, but a good answer for a budding journalist nonetheless.