Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

One of those moments

Last weekend I went up to Edmonton for the blessing of my youngest nephew, Teddy. It was great to catch up with family and all that jazz, but there was one experience that really stuck out to me as a sign I am getting old.

It was Saturday night, and my whole immediate family was gathered at my sister Jaima's for dinner. By the way, my immediate family includes three married sisters, who all have kids. We all got together and ate, and then, as with any gathering of different families, the children ran downstairs to play, declaring things like, "I'm batman!" or gibbering on about awesome trucks (my sisters kids are made up of five and half boys and one girl). My little brother went with them, as the young uncle who makes an excellent horse/batmobile. And I stayed upstairs.

No, I'm not trying to say, look at me, I'm a big girl now, in fact just the opposite. I wanted to stay upstairs with the adults, wash the dishes and talk about boring stuff.

I always tell my friends I'm like an old woman. I have back problems, neck problems, and bad feet, plus I hate really loud music. I think I just proved how old and boring I am again.

1 comment:

Kylie Groft said...

I totally feel the same way! Brendan just bought me a heat pad that is supposed to help people with arthritis! It's awesome!